4 Large Peppers
1.5 tsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion
1 Clove Garlic
1 lb Ground Turkey
1.5 Cups Cooked Rice
16 oz Can of Stewed Tomatoes
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cut out stem ends of peppers and scoop out the seeds
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, just until it loses its pink color.
- Transfer the turkey mixture to a medium bowl and mix in rice, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture and place them in a 2-quart casserole dish. Spoon the remaining 1/2 cup tomato sauce over the peppers.
- Cover and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, 30 to 35 minutes.